Things that we all could use:
- Build what you need. A smaller house that fits your needs saves money and resources.
- Open those windows. Natural ventilation is healthy and it's free.
- Don't forget the Sun. If you live in a hot climate- use shades. If you live in a cold climate- bring sunlight in.
- Use local materials.
- Use native plants. They are low on maintenance and irrigation.
- Avoid synthetic materials. Natural materials age gracefully and are not a burden on the environment once they have fulfilled their role.
- Collect and use rainwater.
- Functional things don't go out of style. Go easy on the 'trends'.
- Grow vegetables in your kitchen garden.
- Use a front loading washing machine. It saves water.
- Dry clothes in the Sun. Tell your Residents' association to go soak their heads.
- Don't waste food.
- Don't use plastic bags. Reusable grocery bags are cool.
- Kids need hugs. They have enough toys.
- Use Stairs. It's a good workout.
Add your suggestions in comments.